Breast cancer screening in Manitoba
BreastCheck is a program that checks Manitoba women ages 50 and over for early signs of breast cancer.
Starting in December 2015, BreastCheck began the transition from analog mammography to digital mammography. Click here to find out what these changes mean for you.
Did you know?
- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in Manitoba women.
- About 900 women in Manitoba are diagnosed with breast cancer each year and about 200 will die every year from breast cancer.
- Regular screening mammograms have been proven to reduce deaths from breast cancer by 20-30%.
- 99% of breast cancers occur in women and 80% of these breast cancers occur in women over the age of 50.
- Most women with breast cancer do not have a family history of the disease.