Cervical cancer screening in Manitoba
The goal of CervixCheck is to reduce the number of women who are diagnosed with cervical cancer. The Pap test can help find cervical cancer even before it starts.
Did you know?
- Over 80% of men and women will be infected with HPV in their lifetime.
- HPV can cause abnormal changes on the cervix and cervical cancer.
- 1 in 4 women will have an abnormal Pap test in her lifetime.
- About 45 women are diagnosed with cervical cancer each year in Manitoba.
- Most women diagnosed with cervical cancer have not had a Pap test in five years or more.
- Regular Pap tests can prevent up to 80% of cervical cancer.